Paneer Chilli with Garlic Rice
I am sure all of you have one favourite dish which can be cooked in a variety of ways, easy and fast to cook and of course delicious! Well for my family that favourite thing is Paneer (cottage cheese). Today’s dish is my version of Paneer Chilli with Garlic Rice! Easy, super fast and superrrr delicious!
* Paneer 500g (cut in medium size cubes)
* Red, yellow, red bell pepper (one of each, thinly sliced)
* 2 onions-thinly sliced
* 7-8 cloves of garlic
* Schezwan garlic chutney
* Soy sauce
* Salt according to taste
* Ginger- finely chopped
* Corn flour-2 tsp
* Oil for cooking
* We are going to make the healthy version (yet absolutely delicious!) of this dish with our fringe the Paneer!
* Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and add finely chopped ginger and garlic.
* Sauté ginger garlic for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
* Add thinly sliced onions and bell peppers. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
* Do not cook more than that as bell peppers become soft. Idea is to retain the crunchiness of the bell peppers.
* Add 2 tsp of dark soy sauce and 2 tsp of Schezwan chutney. Mix throughly .
* Let it cook for a minute on low flame.
* Mix 2 tsp of cornflour in two tsp of water. Add this mixture to the cooked vegetables.
* Add 1/2 glass of water to the pan. Mix continuously but slowly on low flame till corn flour thickens the gravy.
* Add Paneer cubes to the cooked gravy.
* Let the Paneer cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
This vegetable takes 10-15 minutes to cook and is loved by everyone!
Serve with plain steamed rice, garlic rice or fried rice. This can also be used as a filling in wraps, Paneer chilli wraps😋😋
Tip- Add basil leaves for additional flavour to the Paneer chilli dish.