Hellooooo…. beautiful people! Beginning the week with a super simple, super delicious, super fast recipe of Veg Biryani.
This is my version of the traditional biryani. Can be made with leftover rice too!I wanted to try a simple version which will be loved by everyone and it turned out Super Delicious!!!!
* 4 cups of basmati rice (washed and soaked in 6 cups of water for 15 minutes).
* Medium sized Cauliflower (cut into medium size florets).
* 3 big potatoes (half boiled).
* 5 big onions (long, thin slices)
* 100 g cashew nuts.
* 4 big tomatoes (roughly chopped).
* Oil for frying and cooking.
* Salt (according to taste).
* 1 tsp turmeric powder.
* 1 tsp garam masala.
* 1/2 tsp biryani masala.
* 1/2 tsp Dry mango powder (amchur).
* 1 tsp Chaat masala.
* 1 spoon butter.
* Dry bay leaves.
* Cut the boiled potatoes into medium size pieces.
* Add 1/2 of salt to rice and cook the basmati rice on low flame for about 18-20 minutes.
* Deep fry the potatoes, onions and cauliflower florets. Keep them aside in separate pan.
* Take a fresh pan, add 2 big thinly sliced onions, 4 roughly chopped tomatoes, cashew nuts, 2-3 bay leaves, butter, 1/2 tsp of salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder. Add water till it covers all the ingredients.
* Cover it with a lid and let it boil for 15-20 minutes.
* After 20 minutes, take out the bay leaves and purée the mixture.
* Take oil in a separate pan and add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, amchur powder, turmeric powder, biryani masala. Let the spices cook for a minute on low flame.
* Divide the cooked spices in two portions.
* Add the deep fried cauliflower florets and potatoes to one portion and add the other portion to the gravy.
* Take a bowl. Spread a layer of rice and on top of that pour gravy, potatoes, cauliflower and fried onions.
* Put a layer of rice again on top and repeat the process till all the rice is over.
Your super delicious biryani ready! Serve it with raita or curd.